Thursday, September 14, 2017

Top Ten Thursday - Chores

This week's top ten is about chores - the ones we love (really??) and the ones we loathe (too easy). My biggest problem with this list is that I'm going to come out of it sounding like a houseworkaphobe (and yes that is a serious medical condition). Thanks as always to Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom blog for setting the theme.

pixabay.com
1. Vacuuming: hate it and my beloved won't let me do it so who am I to go against what my husband says.

2. Ironing: why can't someone just design clothes that never wrinkle, or better yet let wrinkles be a fashion choice. Early in our relationship I was ironing my nurses uniform and Ken demanded he take over as I wasn't doing it right (he was in the air force for many years so is a bit of a perfectionist with ironing) and since then he sort of does most (all) of my ironing.

3. Washing: I don't mind this as such but rarely do it as my beloved (who you're feeling more and more sorry for) does it whilst I'm at work.

4. Changing the duvet cover: I used to be quite good at this on a smaller quilt, but on a kingsize duvet I'm hopeless, so yes, you guessed it, Ken takes care of changing the bedding.

5. Hanging up clothes: I drive Ken to distraction as whenever he goes to hang up my clothes they are always inside out - I don't know how it happens, I think there must be a naughty little pixie living in the bedroom.


6. Baking: I love baking and it's really nice if people enjoy something that I've made. I don't do it very often as we'd end up eating too much of it.

7. Cat Medication: one of my beloveds little idiosyncrasies is that he can deal with any type of dog, and yet faced with having to give a cat a tablet and he becomes a big chicken. I'm an expert at getting a tablet into a cat, having had years of practice with our little Muffin Monster who had kidney problems for several years before she died. He's just as bad when we take the furbies to get their vaccinations each year - I'm the one who has to hold the cats whilst they get jabbed.

8. Making fire: I love an open fire, but I'm not very good at getting them going. This doesn't stop me from trying, but then Ken usually has to come along afterwards and fix it.

9. Booking holidays: this is definitely my job and despite it stressing me out a bit (worry that everything is as it says it is) I like doing all the research into where we're going and where we're going to stay.

10. Christmas Cards: I love Christmas (101 days away) and still send out cards and a holiday letter which I love composing and choosing interesting facts to include in it - I do let my better half check it before it goes out, just in case there's something in it that he wants to change.

Do you have favourite chores, or like me do you have a major allergy to them. Before you go, pop over to Tamara's blog, Part-time Working Hockey Mom, and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and don't do too many chores this week.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. How lovely that you included Christmas Cards. I would usually not mind doing them, it's just such a busy time, and I have to do the ones at the office so I am kind of all holiday carded out...
    Your husband is such a keeper!! Is there anything annoying about him at all???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing at all annoying (or nothing that I could possibly share here). Doing Christmas cards helps me get in the Christmas spirit.

      Delete
  2. 1 & 2 - I wish I have a husband to do both of these

    3 - if by hand then it's a chore but using a washing machine isn't so bad

    4 - ken sounds very handy

    10 - this is probably the only thing I've been doing steadily

    I generally do not like chores unless is to re-orangize something but when you re-organize things, you usually end up cleaning also

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken is very handy and wonderful. I love reorganising things but end up getting totally sidetracked when I find things that I haven't looked at for a while.
      Have a lovely day Lissa.

      Delete
  3. Hi there, all is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's genuinely excellent, keep up writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts
    on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website.
    Reading this info So i'm glad to convey that I have a very just right uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed.
    I most for sure will make certain to don?t fail to remember this website and provides it a
    glance regularly.

    ReplyDelete